When the weather’s fine, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be out enjoying your patio – and with these five upgrade options, you’ll have no excuse to. Invest in these five technologies, and you’ll have the best entertaining space in your area.
Let’s take a look at the technologies:
1. Turn Your Patio Into an Extension Of Your Home – You can convert a simple patio into an extension of your home with a few upgrades. First, add a patio roof. This will provide shelter and shade and significantly increase the usefulness and comfort of your space.
Next, if necessary, you might want to add outdoor blinds that can be brought down to enclose your space for privacy, shade, or additional protection from the elements. Add some lights, and you’ve got a space you can use at any time of day that perfectly bridges the gap between inside and outside.
2. Take Hosting To The Next Level With an Outdoor Kitchen – An outdoor kitchen is an essential upgrade for anyone who likes to host. Forget a simple barbeque, why not upgrade your patio with a fully-functional outdoor kitchen? We’re talking integrated oven, refrigerator, sink, and preparation area so you can prepare and serve your meal outside.
The big benefit here is that you can prepare food for your guests without having to hide away in the kitchen, so you can cook in a more pleasant environment and stay at the center of the party.
3. Bring Your Entertainment Outside – Sick of having to dart inside anytime you want to watch something on Netflix or download on your phone? With the right technology, you’ll be able to stay outside as long as you want. A Wi-Fi range extender will guarantee a strong connection to your network.
Taking things a step further, you may want to invest in an outdoor television, a sound system, or even a projector and screen. With the right projector, you’ll be able to stream Netflix or movies from your phone right on to your big screen in the comfort of your yard.
4. Relax In Comfort – What’s the one thing that prevents you from spending more time outside? If you answered ‘climate,’ you wouldn’t be alone. We love the hot Australian sun, but we don’t want to spend every second in it.
If this is a problem for you, your first purchase should be something that generates shade (see point 1 above). After that, you might want to reduce in misting systems to help keep the area cool. These systems spray very fine droplets of water into the air which are then instantly evaporated by the sun, absorbing heat in the process. The overall cooling effect can improve your comfort levels considerably.
Of course, it’s not always hot. You may also consider investing in strip heaters so you can extend your use of your patio to the cooler months of the year and later into the evening.
5. Keep The View Looking Good With These Automated Tools – Do you want to spend less time working in your garden and more time sitting on your patio admiring it? With the latest technology, you can. A robot mower will take care of the lawn automatically while you enjoy a relaxing sit.
You might also want to consider smart irrigation. Not only will it keep your garden watered automatically, but it will do so far more efficiently than standard sprinklers or manual watering. Smart irrigation systems automatically adjust according to the climate and weather, so if it’s rained recently, you won’t waste water. They save money, save time, and they’re better for the environment – what’s not to love?
Of course, you’ll also want to ensure you have a high-quality patio before you install any of these. Grand Patios Perth is your local specialist for patios, patio roofs, and decking. Contact the team today for a quick quote